22 Then Solomon stood before the altar of the Lord in front of the whole assembly of Israel, spread out his hands toward heaven
23 and said: “Lord, the God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven above or on earth below—you who keep your covenant of love with your servants who continue wholeheartedly in your way.
What we learn about King Solomon style of prayer in these verses.
- That King Solomon was blessing the Lord
- That King Solomon was honoring the holiness of the Most High God
- That King Solomon recognized the highest highness of the Most High God
- That King Solomon trusted in the pureness of God’s promise to keep covenant
When we, as believers, pray we too should:
- bless the Lord
- honor the Lord
- praise him
- believe that he is a keeper of his promises
- believe when we ask things of him that he is able to give to us what he knows is best for us.